Updated May 30, 2022
You will be given an opportunity to review this information before using these features. You also can view this information at any time, either in settings related to those features and/or online at https://visiongroup.co.ug/privacy-policy/ .
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices, accessible via the headings below, and contact us if you have questions.
Vision Group/Our/We – means Newvision Printing and Publishing Company Limited
Cookies – mean small text files placed on your computer or device by our sites when you visit certain parts of our sites and/or when you use certain features of our sites. Details of the cookies used by our Site are set out in here in.
Sites – refer to websites, mobile application and any other digital platforms offered/owned by Vision Group.
What Is Personal Data at Vision Group?
Your Privacy Rights at Vision Group
At Vision Group, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from Vision Group.
To help protect the security of your personal data, you must sign in to your account and your identity will be verified. If the Data and Privacy page is not available in your region, you can make privacy rights requests at Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 0800166789, P.O.Box: 9815, Kampala.
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and Vision Group is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti- fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardises the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, or would be extremely impractical.
Personal Data Vision Group Collects from You
At Vision Group, we believe that you can enjoy our great products and have great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data Vision Group collects depends on how you interact with Vision Group. When you create an Vision Group ID, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with Vision Group, we may collecta variety of information, including:
• Account Information. Your Vision Group ID and related account details, including email, account status, and age.
• Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type
• Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information
• Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details,credit, debit, or other payment card information
• Transaction Information. Data about purchases of Vision Group products and services or transactions facilitated by Vision Group, including purchases on Vision Group platforms
• Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score
• Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data.
• Government ID Data. In certain instances, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances,
• Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with Vision Group, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels.
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
Personal Data Vision Group Receives from Other Sources
Vision Group may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
• Individuals. Vision Group may collect data about you from other individuals for example, if that individual has sent you a product , invited you to participate in a Vision Group service or forum, or shared content with you.
• At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with Vision Group. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with Vision Group for account activation.
• Vision Group Partners. We may also validate the information you provide for example, when creating a Vision Group ID, with a third party for security, and for fraud-prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices ,or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law, including law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Vision Group’s Use of Personal Data
Vision Group uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent. Vision Group uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, Vision Group may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations. If you have questions about the legal basis, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Email: PIkanza@newvision.co.ug, firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 0800166789, P.O.Box: 9815, Kampala
• Power Our Services. Vision Group collects personal data necessary to power our services, which may include personal data collected to improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting.
• Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, Vision Group must collect data such as your name, contact, purchase, and payment information.
• Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Vision Group, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
• Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and Vision Group and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and Vision Group for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material.
• Personal Data Used for Personalisation. If you choose to personalise your services or communications where such options are available, Vision Group will use information that we collect so that we can offer you those personalised services or communications. You can learn more about how relevant services use information to personalise your experience by reviewing the privacy information presented when you first use a service that asks to use your personal data.
• Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law for example, to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, or to comply with a lawful governmental request. Vision Group does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
Vision Group’s Sharing of Personal Data
Vision Group may share personal data with Vision Group-affiliated companies, service providers who act on our behalf, our partners, developers, and publishers, or others at your direction. Further, Vision Group does not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
• Partners. At times, Vision Group may partner with third parties to provide services or other offerings. For example, Mobile money financial offerings like MTN Bundles and Airtel Bundles. Vision Group requires its partners to protect your personal data.
• Developers and Publishers from Whom You Get a Subscription. If you purchase a subscription from the App or within our websites, we create a Subscriber ID that is unique to you and the developer or publisher. The Subscriber ID may be used to provide reports to the developer or publisher, which include information about the subscription you purchased and your country of residence. If you cancel all of your subscriptions from a particular developer or publisher, the SubscriberID will reset after 180 days if you do not resubscribe. This information is provided to developers or publishers so that they can understand the performance of their subscriptions.
• Others. Vision Group may share personal data with others at your direction or with your consent. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale.
Protection of Personal Data at Vision Group
At Vision Group, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure.
Children and Personal Data
Vision Group understands the importance of safeguarding the personal data of children, which we consider to be an individual under the age of 13 or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction. Parents shall be required to regulate information accessed by their children using their accounts
Cookies and Other Technologies
Vision Group’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behaviour including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
• Communications Cookies. These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from Vision Group’s systems, including by helping us detect any errors. These may include IP address.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites in the proper format and language, to authenticate and verify your transactions, and to preserve the contents of your Cart when shopping on any of our sites or app.
• Other Cookies. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. Vision Group also uses these cookies to remember choices you make while browsing, so we can provide you with a customised experience.
In addition to cookies, Vision Group uses other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives.
In some email messages we send to you, we provide a “click-through URL” that links you to content on to Vision Group sites or app. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click- through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
Our Company-wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Vision Group employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.