Our Vision, Mission and Values

VISION GROUP INVESTOR INFORMATION


Investor Information

Vision Group incorporated as the New Vision Printing & Publishing Company Limited (NVPPCL), started business in March 1986. It is a multimedia business housing newspapers, magazines, internet publishing, televisions, radios, commercial printing, advertising and distribution services.

Our Mission: “To be a market-focused, performance-driven organization, managed on global standards of operational and financial efficiency”.

Our Vision: “A globally respected African media powerhouse that advances society”

New Vision Printing and Publishing Company was registered as a public limited liability company in 2002 and has its registered offices at Plot 19/21, 1st Street Industrial Area, P.O Box 9815Kampala.

It was listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange in November 2004. 51,000,000 ordinary shares were issued of a value of 19.66 per share giving an aggregate nominal capital of UGX 1,002,660,000.

In 2008, the Company undertook a rights issue which increased the Company’s ordinary shares to 76,500,000 shares of UGX19.66 each and a share capital of UGX 1,503,990,000.

The majority shareholder is Government of Uganda with a shareholding of 53.3%. The public holds the remaining 46.7%. In the FY 2014/15, the company enjoyed a turnover of UGX 86.84 Billion.

The Company has 10 Newspaper titles (New Vision, Saturday Vision, Sunday Vision, Bukedde, Bukedde Lwomukaaga, Bukedde ku Sande, Orumuri, Etop, Rupiny and Kampala Sun); 3 Television Stations (Bukedde, TV West and Urban); 6 Radio Stations (X FM, Bukedde FM, Radio West, Radio Etop, Radio Rupiny and Arua One FM); 2 Magazines (Flair and Bride & Groom) and several websites.

The Company also offers commercial printing services under the brand "Vision Printing" and has an SMS platform "Vision Mobile" for bulk SMS, SMS polls and other customized offerings.