There is hope for Nyakato, a blind, HIV+ widow
The story of a family in an HIV-AIDS dilemma amidst abject poverty in the faraway Kisindizi village of Masindi district, was published in New Vision on December 15, 2011. The story highlighting the life struggles of the HIV-positive, blind and helpless Nyakato who has to raise four children including an HIV-positive child raised a lot of outcry from members of the public.
As a result, the Company which has for a long time focused on improving the wellbeing and livelihoods of HIV infected persons embarked on a project aimed at raising funds to build a house for the lady.
Readers pledged to help build a house for the needy family while others pledged to adopt the helpless children or start up an income-generating project for the family. So far, Vision Group has raised Ushs 8,093,450 towards the construction of the house and is going to meet the remaining 3,806, 550 Ushs on the budget.
The Company also presented donations received from well wishers to the lady. Indeed, there is light at the end of the tunnel for Nyakato who with her five children have for a long time lived in a small thatched house.
Nyakato with the donated items
Other CSR events
- New Vision Readers donate to Jinja blind couple
- Urban Tv donates to abandoned children
- Vision Group donates computers to Makerere
- A house for Nyakato
- Etop keeps Soroti clean
- Vision Group remains committed in promoting growth and improvement of life of the African child.
- Support for the Underprivileged
- Giving Back to the Society
- Reaching Out to the Community to Touch and Change Lives
- Vision Group Empowers Women
- Vision Group supports blind student
- Vision Readers give Quadruplets Easter Package
- New Vision donates 1m to ailing triplets
New vision news
Bride and Groom
Radio West Fm